Application to Masonry
Easy to install and easy to maintain.
- 1 On a clean surface, the veneer may be applied directly to a masonry backing without mesh. Painted or waterproofed masonry surfaces should be cleaned and sandblasted to provide a good bond surface.
- 2 Apply Type-S (or equivalent) cement mortar at least ½” thick.
- 3 Install Harristone Veneer.
- 4 Brush, tool and rake the Type-S (or equivalent) mortar joint.
Harristone is a tested and proven product. See G.S. Harris Co., Inc. installation specification and ICC Evaluation Service, Inc. Evaluation Report # ESR-1593 reissued October 2017, for allowable values and/or conditions of use for all materials presented in this document.
- Harristone Precast Stone Veneer is used as an adhered wall veneer.
- Download our ICC-ES #1593 Report HERE.
NOTE: All installations must comply with local building codes and manufacturer’s specifications.
Application to Wood Substrate
Harristone is the smart, efficient choice.
- 1 Install structurally sound wood substrate.
- 2 Apply two layers of Grade-D building paper.
- 3 Attach 3.4 metal lath or #17 gauge, 1-½” woven wire stucco mesh.
- 4 Apply a scratch coat of Type-S mortar (or equivalent) approximately ½” thick over the metal lath or stucco wire.
- 5 Apply a ¾” thick Type-S (or equivalent) mortar setting bed to the back of each Harristone and press the stone into place over a moistened scratch coat.
- 6 Brush, tool and rake the Type-S (or equivalent) mortar joint.